Wednesday 30 October 2013

Dreadball Third Shipment - Mantic Drops The Ball



I've finally received my final package from the Dreadball Kickstarter run by Mantic Games, and well I'm afraid I have to report a lot of problems.

I received a letter with my package explaining that my season 3 rulebook and season two upgrades had been delayed due to them being more popular than expected.  Mantic seemed to imply it didn't matter as I had an electric copy of the rules that I could use, besides the fact that I had ordered the physical book right at the start of the campaign as I don't like electronic rulebooks.  It's a let down not to get something I ordered and paid for over a year ago.

My missing Z'zor jack.... 5 months later.
 
Then on top of this one of the extra MVP's that I'd ordered that wasn't highlighted as missing, in fact was missing.  I tried messaging mantic via kickstarter a couple of days ago and no-one has as yet bothered to respond.  I had missing pieces from my last shipment too and it's getting frustrating now.

A few of the new MVP's
 
In the end all this adds up to the fact that receiving the packing just left me feeling annoyed, and didn't leave me that that happy feeling that a large box of minis is supposed to leave you with.  I begrudge Mantic for taking this from me.




It's not all doom and gloom though, at least a lot of what I have got is very good.  First off the biggest item in the package is the new 'Ultimate' board which is a kind of giant mouse mat.  It looks and feel fantastic and I'm now very excited about the deadzone mat made from the same material. 


On the whole the miniatures are much better this time as well, sharpness has gone up and flash has gone down.  There's still a couple of duds but overall the sculpting quality has improved as well, with the Teratons easily stealing the show,  I can't wait to get them painted and playing Dreadball.  The nameless team are interesting as well, although their inability to stand unaided proves that the optional bases weren't really optional. 


Dreadball is still a great game, and I've got around 60 new figures to paint, I just wish Mantic would get their act together a bit more and actually send me what I've ordered.

5 comments:

  1. thanks for the support, what's really wound me up is that even though they are on kickstarter all day at the moment with mars attacks running, they've chosen to ignore my message about my missing MVP presumably as dreadball isn't the current thing they're worrying about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear this, I do hope that they will put it right for you though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still in frustrated mode, but I'd be surprised if Mantic didn't sort it out eventually

      Delete
  3. Count your lucky stars. I'm still waiting for my season 3 shipment. I KNOW it will be missing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I feel for you, alas at this point I'd be more surprised if it wasn't missing stuff....

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...