Sunday 14 August 2011

The Great God Pan

I've gone and ordered something I've had my eye on for a while, a limited edition resin Pan from studio mcvey.


It comes in a blister in 6 parts, with a base and a certificate saying it is a limited edition of 750, mine is 371, the certificate isn't much use for anything, but its a nice touch.


The casting is fantastic, its easily the highest quality miniature I've ever bought (makes a mockery of GW's claim that finecast are the worlds greatest minis, although of course they are mass produced whereas these are not) no bubbles, hardly a mould line and fantastic detail.  The price isn't bad either, Pan comes in at a couple of quid more than a single finecast model, but is bigger and comes with a scenic base.  These aren't really designed as gaming pieces though and are fragile.  The resin itself is similar to the forgeworld stuff, though without the bubbles

I'm really chuffed with this model, and its taking pride of place in my collection, I'm going to be keeping a closer eye on studio mcvey from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...