Monday 7 November 2011

Uncharted Seas - Iron Dwarfs

My latest impulse purchase today, I was taking advantage of Wayland Games halloween Mantic Zombie offer (more on them in a day or two) and couldn't help but to add a few Iron Dwarf ships from Uncharted seas to my basket, I've been eyeing up the spartan games stuff for a while and the 40% off was just too tempting.  I am now the proud owner of a Iron Dwarf battleship and 6 frigates.


These are the first things I've ever bought from Spartan Games and I have to say I'm impressed.  Firstly the sheer size of the battleship, it's a lot bigger than I expected, I shudder to think what certain other companys would charge for a lump of resin that size.  The resin itself is very solid, and detailed, it looks similar to the flames of war resin, but I'm no expert, and it took the paint absolutely fine.  I'm also excited by the fact that I'm impressed by these and I know full well that better more detailed versions are due out soon.


The ships themselves have a very American civil war feel to me with the battleship reminiscent of a casemate ironclad and the frigates with a definate monitor feel.  I also think they don't look out of place next to the Dwarf ship from Dreadfleet, which is always a nice potential bonus for rules fiddling.


Overall £8 well spent, even if it does mean I've gone and started another project (probaly two, as resisting dystopian wars is getting more and more unlikely).

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing what you make of the German Zombies. Personally, while I liked both kits individually, I didn't think they went together that well - so I gave up on that and did other things with them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get the German Zombies, only the reduced price normal zombies (30 for £14) that wayland were offering. I did look at the German zombies, but having looked at both sprues on the internet like you I thought that there was just too much work involved to get them to come out well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't see that deal. I was tempted by the zombies with tombstones, but I could order those separately from Renedra anyway, and I have enough Mantic zombies as it is...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...