Tuesday 10 September 2013

From the Painting Table 8


I'm resurrecting this old format of mine to show off a couple of completely unrelated projects that I've just finished.

To start with we have this squad of 6 Eldar dire avengers.  Painted in a similar manner to the last unit of these I painted, but with the red and white crest pattern reversed so I can tell the members of the two squads apart.



We also have this 1:288 scale model of the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird, made by somebody called Ace Corporation who I've never heard of.  This purchase was of course inspired by my recent trip to the Imperial War Museum at Duxford.  It's not a big kit, but it does what it's supposed to do just fine.  It has the option of wheels, but I've mounted it on a GW flying base.  One think that struck me about this kit was that it came with 29 separate, often very small and fiddly, transfers to apply!

2 comments:

  1. Love the 'bird, in that scale they are all fidley

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose they are, that's the first plane I've made at anything other than 1:72

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...