Saturday 14 September 2013

I'm A Winner!



There's been quite a few competitions going on recently around the blogosphere, and after having entered a lot of them I've finally won one.  I'm now the proud owner of 'The British airship at war, 1914-1918'.  I've only had a quick flick through so far but it looks really interesting.



I've been interested in airships as long as I can remember, which is probably due to having lived in the shadow of the old Royal Airships Works, near Cardington, Bedford, for most of my life.  These two 'sheds' are absolutely huge and dominate the countryside for miles around.  The famous R101 airship was built there.

Anyway thanks to Edwin at Thoughts of a Depressive Diplomatist and a recommendation that you check put his blog too.


The hangars at Cardington as seen from my village

2 comments:

  1. Well done on the win and a fitting prize for you

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the book and that it's so fitting. Enjoy!

    Thanks for the plug.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...