Sunday 16 June 2013

Zvezda 1:100 Scale Art of Tactics WW2 Tanks


Oh dear I've been on ebay again and have discovered a new range of cool toys.  This time a range of 1:100 scale WW2 vehicles made by Zvezda.  They are simple snap fit kits (although a bit of glue certainly helps), with reasonable, although not excellent, detail.  What I like about these is that unlike the other cheap plastic kits from places like the plastic soldier company these come singly and for under £3 (inc. postage) a tank as well!  Cheap enough to pick up on a whim and provide an interesting painting diversion.  They are of course the right scale for flames of war, which there has been more mutterings about playing, although that has yet to come to fruition.


The first one I bought was this German PZ-IV Ausf.D medium tank.  A key part of the German forces and the best detailed of the 3 kits.


My next buy was this small and somewhat flimsy looking Soviet KhT-26 flame thrower version of the T-26 light tank.

 
 And finally this monster of a tank the Soviet KV-2, a massive tank with a massive turret and gun.
 
 
Something that these additions have made me realise is the great disparity in size between different tanks that isn't always obvious through pictures etc.  From left to right we have a Churchill, Sherman, the tiny KhT-26, the KV-2, a Panther, the PZ-IV and finally a StuG. 

8 comments:

  1. Looks a good diversion to me

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, great value these. I once built a fieldable EW German (Czech) Panzer company from Zvezda for a little over £20. Can't argue with that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is good value, if we ever get around to playing flames of war I can see a lot more of these being bought

      Delete
  3. That is a wonderful little collection, a great diversion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just spent the last 3 hours absorbing your blog. Some great stuff here and some insightful posts.
    I too have an undead army using all mantic minis which I love so much darker and less cartoony than GW's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 hours! wow! glad you found it interesting. I'm finding that I'm buying more and more from Mantic and less and less from GW without particularly intending too. Partly to use in GW's games (the undead being a prime example), but I like mantics small scale games (DKH, dreadball and deadzone) a lot in their own right. I find Mantic a lot of fun and GW just that bit too expensive...

      Delete
  5. My thoughts exactly fun for value is high.
    I've been contemplating picking up a copy of DKH, but have been putting it off.
    The Deadzone survey was sent out today so I have that to lok forward to in December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can heartily recommend Dwarf Kings hold, especially the first one dead rising, whilst the tiles aren't the best quality the game is a lot of fun!

      As for deadzone I'm finding it really hard not to add loads more stuff!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...