Wednesday 8 June 2011

Bigger Boats

As I mentioned in a previous post I've also been working on a airfix 1:600 scale model of HMS Belfast recently, and now shes finally finished and painted.



HMS Belfast is a town class light cruiser that served with the Royal Navy in the second world war and is currently a museum ship moored on the thames in London.



About a year ago I made 3 other airifx Royal Navy ships in 1:600 scale, which with the Belfast I have pictured below.



Featured here is HMS Ark Royal (the carrier), next to the Ark Royal is HMS Suffolk a county class heavy cruiser, the HMS Belfast and finally HMS Manxman a abdiel class minelayer.  The Belfast and Suffolk are similar kits, but the Belfast is far far more detailed and goes together better, if you ever have a choice  between building one or the other choose the Belfast.

1 comment:

  1. very nice models you have here-i have built my first ships recently-HMS Warspite and HMS Belfast
    -if you drop me an email i can give you some pictures.
    Yours
    Alex

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...